Gift Ideas For Dog Parents Who Love Their Dogs
Let’s talk about gifts for dog lovers. Dog moms and dads do not get enough credit for the work they do, just like parents of little people. To buy a treat for your favorite dog parent, you do not need to know their dog. When buying gifts for dog lovers, you can choose to buy a gift for the dog itself, (like a knit sweater) or something for the owner (like warm gloves for early morning winter walks.)
If you decide to buy for the dog parents’ doggo itself, consider a few ‘need-to-know’ pieces of information you will need to source. Things like the dog’s age, size, weight, and temperament all contribute to buying the right gift for a dog.
Ball Launcher – Interactive Dog Toy
- 🐶Dog's Best Companion - Novel design, with a pitching hole on the top of the launcher, this ball launcher can arouse your dog's interest and is your...
- 🐶Adjustable distance - the distance of the ball launcher can be adjusted in 3 gears, 10ft, 20ft or 30ft, one-key operation, The maximum launch distance...
- 🐶Entertainment and Exercise - This ball machine can be used both indoors and outdoors, making it the perfect choice for an automatic fetch game when...
The doggie ball launcher is a fun gift for dog lovers that have kids. It can be entertaining for the whole family. Not only will your dog get some much-need exercise but your favorite pooch can be the star of some social media viral videos that you can record from your smartphone.
Dog Camera Treat Dispenser
No products found.
Interactive Puzzle Game Toy for Dog Treats
- 🐶 INTERACTIVE DOG TOY Wooden dog toy, provides great activity for the dog. Promotes natural instincts of your dog
- 🐻❄ DOG INTELLIGENCE: Stimulate your small dog's mental prowess and natural instincts, all while they hunt for hidden rewards within the puzzle.
- 😻 GAME AND FUN: exercises the dog's concentration and dexterity and develops its natural instincts: curiosity, play instinct and sense of smell
Tractive LTE GPS Dog Tracker
- REAL-TIME GPS TRACKING: See the location of your dog and track them anywhere with no distance limit
- WORKS WITH SUBSCRIPTION: The subscription covers all the costs of the integrated SIM card and data, starting from $5/month (varies depending on...
- GET HEALTH ALERTS: Your tracker monitors and tracks the sleep quality and activity patterns of your pet; when it detects something unusual, you'll get an...
If you know people who like to go hiking or on vacation with their dog, this might be a thoughtful gift for a dog who has a bad habit of running off.
Dog Sleeping Bag
Mighty Paw Smart Door Bell
No products found.
Luxury Quilted Dog Car Seat
No products found.
Gift Ideas for Aging Dogs
If you’re buying for a dog that is getting on in age, it is easy to spoil them with treats. Let’s refrain from that, and let’s aim to make the dog’s life easier and more comfortable with things like walking strollers, cushy plush beds, stairs for the bed or sofa, and electric warming blankets.
Often older animals have trouble grooming themselves, so items like brushes, gloves, and other beauty items are helpful. Consider dog-specific (do NOT buy human shampoo!) shampoo and conditioner bathing sets and other grooming tools. If the dog is not as active as it once was, clipping tools might be a wise gift.
If you decide you do want to treat the older dog, buy an interactive toy that can hold peanut butter – the dog can lounge and lick at this for hours.
Gift Ideas for Young Dogs
Young dog gifts might be a little less specific than gifts for older pups, but let’s be honest: the market is saturated with dog products. Young dogs are active and often require more attention than older dogs. They need to be kept busy and burning energy!
Easy options for younger dogs include long extendable leashes, vests, walking and training vests; training resources such as books; and interactive toys like interactive puzzle food trays, interactive treat balls, and peanut butter toys.
There are plenty of other choices for gifts for the dogs: clothes, bling, bandanas, kennels and bedding, feeding and watering systems, treadmill, kiddie pool to cool off in warm weather.
Other miscellaneous items that might be helpful for dog moms and dog dads include choices like reference books, portraits, booties for cold weather, travel items for day or road trips, portable dog baths for summertime, shower head wand for easy bathing. The useful items to help out with pet dogs is countless.
Gifts For Dog Parents
If you have decided to go with a gift for Dog Mom or Dog Dad, check out the list below. Items do not have to be expensive; make them sentimental instead if you are unsure!
- Gloves for dog walking in cold weather
- Warm vest for winter walks
- Wicking clothing for summer
- Comfortable walking sandals or shoes
- Compass or dog hiking gear
- Cord protectors for easily chewed phone and laptop chargers and cords
- Shoe storage to avoid shoes (and laces) being chewed up
- Sleep or lounge pants for snuggling, and extra socks for the ones that go missing
- Candles for any type of pee pad smell
- For a dog that has passed, buy a nice memorial container for ashes with engraving
- Video or photo book or compilation
- Comfortable running or walking gear and accessories: socks, fanny packs, phone holder, watering camel pack.
- Other sentimental gifts might include photos, mugs, frames, phone cases, pillows, canvas, bags, printed shirts, socks, slippers, sweaters.
Feel free to offer any other gifts for dog lovers in our comment section below.
Anna is a proud mother of four boys. She long-time freelance writer that has worked for dozens of entertainment websites. Anna loves her garden, relaxing, and reading a good book. She looks forward to traveling more in the coming future.