Gifts For Men Who Like To Cook
Unless you love cooking yourself, buying gifts for men that like to cook is somewhat challenging; a serious cook will always take pride in their kitchen and its contents. In saying that, buying quality gifts for a man that loves to cook does not have to be bust the pocket. Something like a Cast Iron skillet is a good example of a long-lasting, practical kitchen gift that is on the lower end of the price scale. However, the key to finding the perfect kitchen gift for someone who loves to cook is to lean on their favorite food. If they love to make noodles, think about a wok, if they love to BBQ think about a smoker. You might be able to narrow down a great gift if you expand on their favorite things. That’s a safe strategy.
But maybe your man already has a full kitchen full of accessories and cooking tools. This is where you need to get creative.
To start, it’s a smart idea to take some time on your budget. Kitchen and cooking items have a huge range of price points, and you want to be sure of what you are spending before you dive in. Take your time to read and research products and brands, looking for high-quality and highly rated items. Budgeting might be as simple as a general cash figure, or it might involve more planning and research. Are you buying for the home chef or are you purchasing a gift for a professional? My standard advice is to avoid buying gifts in line with someone’s passion unless you too share the same passion. It is simply not worth the trouble and stress, nor is it worth the risk of buying something completely useless to the intended gift recipient.
I’m going to list off some items and considerations you should consider when thinking about buying gifts for men who like to cook. I will follow that list up with some more focused ideas on gifts for men who like cooking.
For your necessary kitchen gear, always gift essential items that are high quality and long-lasting. Research those that come with long- or lifetime guarantees. Invest in names that are trusted and be sure to buy from a recognized seller with a return policy.
- 9-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Pressure cook, slow cook, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer, sauté pan, yogurt maker, sterilizer and food warmer.
- IMPROVED STRESS-FREE VENTING: Intuitive and simple, our improved easy-release steam switch makes releasing steam easier than ever, and it automatically...
- REALTIME FEEDBACK: The easy-to-read display includes a full cooking progress bar lets you know what stage of the cooking program you’ve reached.
An instant pot, air fryer or straightforward and simple feeds is a great gift for men who like to cook.
A true Chef knows that his knife is an extension of his arm. You can’t cheap out on something that slices and dices all the food you hope to prepare. This is a great gift and the better quality the knife, the more he’ll appreciate your respect for his craft or hobby.
Heavy wooden luxury chopping board, you can’t go wrong.
Stylish Wine Glasses
- Improves and Aerates Wine - The unique shape naturally aerates wine and serves as a decanter, these glasses are suitable for all types of red and white...
- Comfortable to Hold: Convenient curved indentations both act as aerators and allow your thumb and fingers to rest for ultimate comfort, serving as the...
- Ready to Gift: Makes a wonderful choice for wine lovers and oenophiles and comes in luxury gift packaging
Wine glasses to pair with wines over a meal. Gift Idea: To go with the glasses, buy a few books on wine pairing
Food Storage Container
Food storage containers might be a little dull, but practicality always wins
Cast Iron Skillet
- COOK INDOORS AND OUTDOORS: Cook tasty dishes indoors and outdoors on the grill, stove, induction cooktops, and even in the oven with this 10-inch and...
- LONG-LASTING RELIABILITY: Cast iron skillets crafted with seasoned cast iron that lasts through years of regular cooking and washing; Recommended to season...
- PRECISION HEAT DISTRIBUTION: Provides even heat distribution for improved cooking and frying on any cooking surface
Cast Iron (and ceramic cast iron) items will last more than a lifetime and range in price from inexpensive to downright expensive (and excellent quality!) Look at meat and burger presses too!
Perfect for smoothies and soups for the health-conscious cook
- 🍴DESIGN AND WEIGHT: The forks and spoons in this set each weigh 80 grams, and the standing table knives each weigh 100 grams. The weight of the flatware...
- 🍴MATERIAL OF SILVERWARE SET: Divitis Home Flatware set is Made of High Quality 18/10 Stainless Steel. Our flatware uses type 304 (18/10) stainless steel...
- 🍴STANDING TABLE KNIFE DESIGN: You will enjoy using the standing knife at every meal and will also enjoy the compliments you will receive from guests who...
A nice fresh set of cutlery is easily paired with other gift ideas
Premium Wireless Smart Meat Thermometer
- Completely wireless thermometer and charging dock allows you to monitor cooking from up to 150 feet away, with 25+ hours of continuous use between charges.
- Bluetooth smart device connectivity to control your cooking through the free Yummly️ app, available for iOS or Android smartphones and tablets.
- Built-in timers let you go ahead and multitask—we'll keep an eye on the food and alert you when it's ready. Additional alerts tell you when to flip your...
Perhaps a little quirky, but meat thermometers are the best thing for carnivore home cooks
- 【RUG PAD REQUIRED】: Keep in mind that the washable rugs runners do not have a rubber backing, so it will require a rug pad to prevent it from sliding...
- 【HANDWOVEN BOHO RUG】: The kitchen runner is handwoven and features a geometric pattern that showcases exquisite craftsmanship and attention to detail,...
- 【RUG SIZE】: Measuring 2'x8', the runners for hallways are incredibly durable and boasts vibrant colors. It features no tassels and is perfect for...
Kitchen runners protect the cook’s knees and feet from the hard floor surface and are great for anyone standing up cooking!
Salt & Pepper Grinders
- High Quality Glass - Brushed Stainless Steel Salt and Pepper Mill Set : Home EC Salt and Pepper Mills are easy to grip and made of the highest grade...
- Easily Adjustable Ceramic Grinder : Our Salt and Pepper Shakers have a larger heavy duty ceramic rotor than competitors. Just twist the knob at the top of...
- Stainless Steel Lid Caps = Fresh Spices & Clean Counters : Our tightly sealed stainless steel lid keeps your Himalayan sea salt, peppercorn medley, &...
Small and inexpensive fun items include salt and pepper shakers, grinders, egg rings, and kitchen towels.
High-End Gifts For Men Who Like To Cook
If you are looking for some slightly more unique gifts for the man that loves to get in the kitchen, I have a few ideas for you. Perhaps you are buying for the man that has everything, or perhaps you are looking to spoil your home chef… regardless, there are plenty of gift ideas you have not yet considered!
A high-end, sleek spice rack can complete a kitchen both visually and content-wise. Buy the man that loves to cook a new spice rack that is filled with creative herb and spice bottles, and make it sexy! Spice racks are no longer the rickety wooden spinning style that was so popular for many years, the variety of styles is incredible. You can either buy a complete spice rack with pre-filled bottles or for the fussier home cooks, buy an empty spice rack and purchase the bottles separately to fill.
If you are looking at filling a spice rack for someone you love, have you thought about purchasing some of their favorite hard-to-find ingredients? Unusual ingredients are difficult to source in stores, and trying new things is always welcomed by my friends who love to cook!
If you have a very creative man who loves to cook, get those recipes written down! Buy a journal or bound notebook for the chef to write his recipes in, he can add notes and make changes as he goes. Keeping a written record of the development of recipes is so fun to look back upon! This idea is even more fun for the man with a family – a handwritten family cookbook!
Other Cooking Tip Ideas
- Check out the kitchen drawer and make a mental list of utensils that are not visible
- Cookbooks might seem dated but are great as a springboard for ideas
- BBQs are the perfect gift for someone who loves to cook (Article coming soon)
- BBQ accessories are never out of place with someone who loves to BBQ their food
- Aprons are not always boring and practical – look for thick canvas material.
Anna is a proud mother of four boys. She long-time freelance writer that has worked for dozens of entertainment websites. Anna loves her garden, relaxing, and reading a good book. She looks forward to traveling more in the coming future.